Help with ID for butterfly

Bob Thomas bthomas at lc3s.com
Fri Jun 21 22:01:52 EDT 2002

That is clearly a Pale Swallowtail.  The Scientific name escapes me at the
moment.  Very common in the Sierra foothills above 3 to 4 thousand feet.
That is a nice specimen.  Many I have seen get rather ragged by early
summer.

What else are you seeing there this time of year?

--
Bob Thomas

Cameron Park, California

news:960fa4b1.0206211703.15656e3e at posting.google.com...