Colias philodice

gragland at email.unc.edu gragland at email.unc.edu
Sun Jun 23 16:44:16 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I'm looking for some species of Colias in North Carolina and was
hoping someone out there might know some specific localities
(preferably in or near NC) where I might have some luck.  I'm looking
to catch both C. eurytheme and C. philodice; C. eurytheme has been
fairly easy to find, but I haven't been able to find philodice, at
least in the Orange County area.  I know philodice is a pretty common
species, but I'm specifically interested in finding sights where they
may be abundant because of large sample size requirements.  Anyway,
I'd appreciate any input and/or advice.

Thanks,
Greg