viruses and immunity!

Woody Woods woody.woods at umb.edu
Thu Mar 14 19:58:40 EST 2002

I am communicating comfortably by means of my nine year old Mac (I
suppose I should go shopping but haven't had a reason to), which
understands Microsoft files as well as a PC and remains happily aloof to
most viruses. Yes, there is that little Mac happy face that can put you
off when you start up grouchily before morning coffee, but it is smiling
for a reason!

Please do not hasten out to buy Macs, lest they become more tempting to
virus distributors. There are some lessons from Batesian mimicry...

I hope that all who were infected get well soon.
William A. Woods Jr.
Department of Biology
University of Massachusetts Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd                      Lab: 617-287-6642
Boston, MA 02125                        Fax: 617-287-6650