Florida Viceroy's

spm23 at cornell.edu spm23 at cornell.edu
Sun Mar 17 16:48:20 EST 2002

Listers,

So, I'm currently in Florida...near Lake Placid to be more exact...and
I'm trying to get my hands on some L. archippus floridensis.  I spent the
whole day driving around looking but, thus far, no luck.  I did see
multiple Queen's, Zebra longwings, Palmedes Swallowtails, and an
assortment of other smaller leps.

So, if anyone out there has seen a Viceroy lately, then give me a heads
up!  I may have seen one along route 75 (alligator alley) but that's a no
take zone.  They must be down here somewhere though!  After all, they fly
"year-round" in Florida:).

Thanks gang,

-Sean