tortricid question - Eana georgiella

Lawrence F. Gall lawrence.gall at yale.edu
Fri May 3 12:43:20 EDT 2002

If anyone can help with this inquiry about biological
data on Eana georgiella (Tortricidae), you can contact
Peggy directly at dixonpl at em.agr.ca - Larry

------

Dear Dr. Gall,

I found your email on the internet when I was looking at your list serv
site and hope you don't mind my emailing you.  I am an entomologist with
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada in St. John's, Newfoundland and I am
trying to find anyone who can supply any biological information on a small
moth - Eana georgiella   Hulst (Family Tortricidae).  It is native to North
America and most distribution records are from the western US.  I have done
computer searches for relevant literature, called and emailed entomologists
I know in NA and the UK, but no-one seems to know anything about the
biology.  I wondered then if and amateur lepidopterist might by some chance
have studied the beast and have some information.  It doesn't even have to
be published if the person is willing to email me or talk on the phone.

What I'm wondering from you is whether you would mind posting this on your
server under your name, but with my email address provided?  I know I could
join the list but after reading the documentation I realized it would take
some time to figure out charges and so on, and I have a farmer waiting for
an answer.

Alternatively, can you think of anywhere else I might try to find this
information?

Any help is most gratefully appreciated.  I am desperate!!

Thanks so much,

Peggy Dixon

Peggy L. Dixon, PhD
Entomologist
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
P.O. Box 39088
St. John's, NF, Canada
A1E 5Y7
709-772-4763 (tel)

: Lawrence F. Gall, Ph.D.            e-mail: lawrence.gall at yale.edu  :
: Head, Computer Systems Office &     voice: 1-203-432-9892          :
: Curatorial Affiliate in Entomology    FAX: 1-203-432-9816          :
: Peabody Museum of Natural History    http://www.peabody.yale.edu   :
: P.O. Box 208118, Yale University                                   :
: New Haven, CT 06520-8118 USA                                       :