killing butterflies for fun???

Nigel Venters nigelventers at ntlworld.com
Thu May 9 12:18:16 EDT 2002

If you are genuine .......

None of us would condone killing butterflies for fun....and I just don't
really believe this guy did this just for fun...and give a talk to an
Audubon meeting about butterflies?... It sounds like you allowed your
emotions over seeing pinned specimens to cloud your judgement here.

However an interesting aspect of your mail was a prime example of how man
likes to set himself as God and decides what should and shouldn't live...you
said you were less unhappy about the moths being pinned...because you
consider them pests...I don't expect you'd think twice about swatting a
housefly! But they are all insects. With this outlook on life I guess If
butterflies had evolved as a stinging insects you'd be for killing them all!

Do try and enjoy butterflies...learn a little more...this will help you form
a balanced viewpoint.
There are laws in all just about every country that protect endangered
species from being collected....we also have to protect habitat!

Nigel (A non collector....but not anti collectors either!)