killing butterflies for fun???

Chris J. Durden drdn at mail.utexas.edu
Thu May 9 12:32:06 EDT 2002

Joseph,
    If you are real (and I doubt it), and you advocate killing bugs and
moths for the damage they do you have no ethical standing to advocate not
killing butterflies which are "bugs" and rather specialized moths.
    Some of us collector types have a genuine respect for living organisms
and do not exterminate pests, poison the environment or even swat mosquitos
or step on cockroaches.
    If you are real, I suspect you are a lawyer with investments in the
chemical industry who rarely travels to the country and had bad science
teachers in school.
.............Chris Durden