killing butterflies

Grkovich, Alex agrkovich at tmpeng.com
Thu May 9 13:47:49 EDT 2002

"Joseph" wrote:

> WOW!!  What a mean group of people I have come across!  Especially that
> Alex
> Grxzbcvqxzvzx.  I seem to have gotten his panties in a bunch.  And don't
> you
> dare suggest I have sex with another member on this list! I never heard of
>
> or met Betty Swallocks and I am sure that if she is on this list, she
> would
> not appreciate your comments either.  You probably ran her off, as you are
>
> trying to do with me.

	[AG]    No, you have not "gotten under my skin"; as I said, I have
heard from your type before. You do not respect the Civil Liberties of
others. That's all. You seem to want, as others have said, to "play God".
The people who know me know that I am not mean; they also know that I can't
stand unrepentive unrighteousness.

> I have also been accused of raising false concerns

	[AG]  I don't think anyone accused you of anything, other than
forcing your biases down other peoples' throats.

> , not so much my concerns,
> but my existence.  Once again, I do truly have a concern with the
> thoughtless and wantan killing of butterflies

	[AG]  Again, who on this list said that ("thoughtless and wanton")?
Please quote someone if you can.

> and it seems that my concern
> is valid in light of all the support this morally criminal action

	[AG]  "Criminal"? Under which set of laws? Under which Constitution?

> has
> already received!  This is not bait

	[AG]  I suspect however, that it is.

> , but a true concern

	[AG]  I don't believe that. If it WAS a true concern you would have
responded to Sean Mullen (Ph. D. candidate) more respectfully. Instead, you
acted like a "Nazi", as I said before.

> and your refusal to
> accept that someone would think differently than you is frightening to say
>
> the least.  You are afraid I might be successful in stopping your killing
> of
> innocent creatures, so you choose to dismiss me.
>
> I am a nature lover and avid birder who has just discovered the "6-legged
> birds".

	[AG]  You're not the first.

>  I make my living as teacher and I suppose that is the best place to
> begin with getting the next generation on the right track.

	[AG]  Sure, you plan to "program" and "brainwash" the minds of
children. Is this respect for Civil Liberties? You have made my case against
you. As I told another "birder" last year (who is on the Board of Directors
of NABA), "How many children have you programmed against collecting? How
many young future scientists have you destroyed"? The same applies to you,
"Joseph".

> Once a person's
> eyes are opened to the beauty of butterflies he or she feels a compulsion
> protect them.

	[AG]  Are you absolutely certain that YOURS are opened? Does a
person whose eyes are opened work actively to program the minds of children?
Nazis and Communists do that to children and to people. It's better to let
the children themselves decide their lifes' paths. Again, you are playing
God, except that God gives the children (and the adults) their freedoms. You
don't, do you?

	"Joseph", you're a sad carricature, and also a very dangerous
person. I said I wouldn't write you again, but I thought it better that I
did. Now, I really won't as I do suspect that this time I have written you
with more dignity than I did earlier.

	Your responses, however, were much less than dignified. I see right
through you; I've seen you before.