Korean Spam & Red Admirals

mbpi at juno.com mbpi at juno.com
Wed May 15 20:08:48 EDT 2002

No, I don't see a correlation...BUT...I did see my first V. atalanta
today, just as I expected!

It was reasonably warm and sunny today, so I walked through the Lilac
hedge in Grant Park, Chicago, and saw my first Red Admiral (only one)
behaving in true territorial fashion.  It was a well-preserved
individual, though not "fresh," which leads me to believe that it was
locally eclosed rather than a migrant.

Nothing like last year at this time when we were infested with huge
swarms of migrants.

As for "Korean spam," which I mentioned in an earlier post, but didn't
garner ANY response to... (I guess nobody reads MY posts...)   The
problem with getting rid of it is that the Koreans have INNUMERABLE
"service providers," so one can't exclude them by filtering on that.
Likewise, it appears one can't filter by using "wild cards" or
characters.  I tried that and it didn't work.  I thought I could
eliminate anything with a "kr" in its address, which would have disposed
of a good majority of the spam...but no can do.

Does anyone out there know if there are "wild cards" that can be used
with filters?!

M.B. Prondzinski
Chicago
USA