Cynthia

Bill Yule droberts03 at snet.net
Wed Nov 6 18:16:19 EST 2002

Hi all.
   I think Chris brings up a good point: If two entities can hybridize in
the wild is that in itself sufficient to consider them congeneric?
  I'm not a taxonomist or an entomologist but I can't help but wonder if two
butterflies can mate and produce fertile offspring and you can still
consider them affiliated with different genera what exactly then does that
taxon (genus) mean?

                                            Bill Yule