[leps-talk] Ron Proves Creationism wrong

David Smith idleweed at tusco.net
Sun Oct 27 17:21:48 EST 2002

Hello,
    First I have to apologise for this post as it should be on a philosophy
list-serve. Second let me state that I believe in God. Thirdly, I also
believe the theory of evolution is correct.
    Now to my main problem with creationists as it pertains to lepidoptera
and systematics. If a person believes lepidoptera were created spontaneously
why in the world would they be studying systematics or thier relationships
to one another or even to the rest of zoology? A fritllary is created from
this dust mote while an otter is created from a dust mote right next to it
and a swallowtail is created from a dust mote on the other side of the
world. What is related to what here? If they are just created how do you
know they are related, merely because they look alike? If God created them
out of thin air there is no systematics that I could ever understand.
Believe what you like but quit preaching to me. Thanks
                David Smith