Reconciliation: theism with creation

Michael Gochfeld gochfeld at eohsi.rutgers.edu
Sun Oct 27 19:24:08 EST 2002

At the risk of repeating a post from years ago:

I asked the Protestant Minister father of my college girl friend about evolution
and creation.
He said---at greater length---"no problem, god created the elements and set
evolution in motion and sat back to watch (and study) the outcome".
I don't remember what he believed about human evolution and whether he accepted
it as unique or special.

He (like most religious people I've talked with ) didn't hold with the 4004 BC
Usher view, considering many biblical features symbolic rather than literal, so
that issue was irrelevant to his quest for understanding.

MIKE GOCHFELD