Venezuela

Simon Coombes simon at butterfly-guide.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 14:47:08 EDT 2002

Hi

I'm reading this through Google groups as I don't seem to be able to
resubscribe after a couple of months break. I'm sure I'll crack it
soon though.

Anyhow, in July this year I was lucky enough to spend a month in
Venezuela as a 'link' teacher on a school expedition. Although I
didn't have much time to myself I did have the odd few minutes here
and there for a little butterfly photography. The pictures aren't as
good as they might have been, (I usually end up taking ten to get one
good one!) as I didn't really have the time. However there are a
number of interest.

My problem is that I have no resources for identification, other than
deVries, which has given me a few clues, at least to genus level. I
was wondering if any of you would mind running your expert eye over a
few of them, I would guess they would be common Venezuelan species,
but I've noted where the photos were taken as an aid.

Photos at:

http://www.butterfly-guide.co.uk/venezuela

Thanks for any help.

Simon