Butterflies as symbols

Bob Parcelles,Jr. rjparcelles at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 17 05:00:17 EDT 2002

This does it! this is it! I am going to forget butterflies and study
roaches and silverfish. At least with them you know what ya got!

I certainly shall turn in my butterfly earing. Eh, ya gotta do what ya
gotta do.

Bob

PS: Nice posts Ken and Ron
CC: To Alana

--- Kenelm Philip <fnkwp at aurora.alaska.edu> wrote:

> > Butterflies are now societal symbols of gentleness and beauty.
>
> 	In addition to their sexual proclivities, and cannibalism, but-
> terflies also have some delightful feeding habits, choosing to imbibe
> fluids from urine, feces, and carrion. At Lake Schrader on the North
> Slope in '73 I saw a fresh steaming pile of human turds just covered
> with happily feeding _Papilio machaon_. Pixies of the natural world?
>
> 	When ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise...

=====
Bob Parcelles, Jr
Pinellas Park, FL
Ecologist/Ethologist, RJP Associates
CEO, PROactive Ecology Solutions Group (PESG)
Institute of Ecological and Environmental Studies (IEES)
http://www.Ecology-Today.eboard.com