Global warming (was: leps-list sleeping)

Paul Cherubini monarch at saber.net
Wed Jul 9 14:14:11 EDT 2003

Stanley A. Gorodenski wrote:

> 1. Years ago the George W. Bush types were in denial that global
> warming was occurring.

Well in 1975 maybe the George W. Bush types realized that from
1940-1975 the earth had actually been cooling, not warming
http://www.saber.net/~monarch/globalwarming.jpg

> 2. As this became harder to defend, then they adopted the
> position that human activity (industrial and others) was
> not the cause and that it was all natural.

Well the period of global cooling that occurred between 1940-1975
was a period of rapid industrialization.

> 3. As this becomes harder to defend, now their position is that human cause
> is insignificant.
> See a pattern here?

Yes I see the global temperature trend is well correlated
with variations in the sun's solar output
http://www.saber.net/~monarch/globalwarming.jpg

Also, I see the long term trend is for the sun's solar output to
increase to the point where life cannot exist on the earth.
http://www.saber.net/~monarch/earth.jpg
However, long before the sun burns the earth up, collisions
with asteroids and comets could destroy much life as we know it.

Paul Cherubini
Placerville, CA