Global warming (was: leps-list sleeping)

Chuck Vaughn aa6g at aa6g.org
Wed Jul 9 22:15:45 EDT 2003

Stanley A. Gorodenski wrote:

> Chuck Vaughn wrote:
>
>> for future warming become less and less. The human contribution, if
>> any, is not likely to be more than a few tenths of a degree.
>
> 1. Years ago the George W. Bush types were in denial that global
> warming was
> occurring.
> 2. As this became harder to defend, then they adopted the position
> that human
> activity (industrial and others) was not the cause and that it was all
> natural.
> 3. As this becomes harder to defend, now their position is that human
> cause
> is insignificant.
>
> See a pattern here?

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're comment has to do with
mine. I'm just repeating what I've read are the most recent predictions
of some of the climate models. I probably shouldn't even mention them
because they are so wholly inadequate that to me they are no more than
interesting speculation, certainly not something to base world economic
policy on.

I would prefer to ignore the political games being played on this issue
but unfortunately politics is the driving force behind the "need" to do
something, not science. Sure, there is science on both sides of the
issue, as there is on anything that is not 100% settled, but the
climate alarmists who contend global warming is solely anthropogenic
are losing credibility as more studies come out on the issue. Of course
you wouldn't know it from ANY media source since they ONLY report one
side of the issue.

I could make the same sort of argument about the climate alarmists and
the medieval warm period as you did about "Bush types." The climate
alarmists tried to make the claim that the medieval warm period was a
localized phenomenon to Europe, so therefore there really was no
planet-wide warm period. Subsequent studies around the world have
confirmed it occurred everywhere. The climate alarmists were forced to
back track.

During the medieval warm period there was farming in Greenland. Not
today! When that occurs again I'll consider global warming a real
issue. ;-)

Chuck Vaughn <aa6g at aa6g.org>