[moth-rah] Silver-spotted Ghost Moth

Cindy Mead lilwings at eisw.net
Mon Jun 23 16:13:55 EDT 2003

hi John! a million thanks for identifying this beautiful moth- I've had 3 of
them over the past couple weeks and I was stumped as to what family this
moth belonged to and intrigued by that red tinge you describe. I often will
try to get moths to climb onto my hand so I can take a better photograph
(that and they're just cuddly) and each time I tried this with the 'ghost
moth' I would see this red area flash.  I attributed it to an injury of some
sort- boy I learn something new every day :)
thank you for another lesson in moth-ery,
Cindy

WoodSong
www.northwoodsong.com