Missouri Butterfly and moth sightings needed

Marc Perlman glaucus at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 29 17:34:19 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am continuing a research project in Missouri, primarily in the south and
eastern parts of the state. I am trying to put together a list of the
various species of both butterflies and moths of a couple of areas, and I
would very greatly appreciate any help from anyone with any knowledge on the
area, especially from anyone living in MO. In early June I posted a request
for information on good collecting sights and got a few replies which I was
very grateful for. I am again planning to be in MO sometime within the July
10-25 timeframe because I THINK that it will be a peak time for
Swallowtails, etc. I am thinking of visiting Lake Wappapello and St.
Francois parks, but would gladly accept any other suggestions, including
various roadside collecting sites, fields of flowers, parks, etc. I am not
from the area, so I do not yet know what species are on the wing when. Any
help at all would be greatly appreciated. I'd also be happy to share any
extras I get! ANY information as to good collecting/sampling locales,
species flight times, etc. would be very very much appreciated. I think that
Zebra Swallowtails and Giant Swallowtails should be flying in mid July (?)
Thanks a bunch!

Marc
glaucus at earthlink.net