Need help with butterfly id

Donna A. Brunet dbrunet at coin.org
Wed Mar 12 10:22:23 EST 2003

I have 4 photographs from last summer that I feel a bit shaky on my id.
Possibly because I'm wrong; possibly because if I'm right the butterfly in
the photo is the first one I've ever seen (other than a specimen in the
entomology museum at the University of Missouri).

The photos are at http://www.missouri.edu/~dabf31/ConfirmId/ConfirmId.html

All photographs were taken June 7 and August 15, 2002 in Missouri.
My tentative identifications are a Confused Cloudywing (Thorybes confusis),
Swamp Metalmark (Calephelis muticum), and Silvery Checkerspot (Chlosyne
nycteis).

Thanks for any help.

Donna

Donna A. Brunet