Need help with butterfly id

Dr. James Adams jadams at em.daltonstate.edu
Wed Mar 12 14:29:18 EST 2003

Listers,

>Do you have the book on Missouri butterflies by Hetman?

Ron will be the first to admit that he is a sloppy writer, with typos
appearing from time to time in his messages.  The Missouri Butterfly and
Moth book is by  Heitzman.

By the way, John Richard Heitzman was my *original* Lepidoptera mentor.  I
grew up in Liberty, MO, just a thirty minute drive from the Heitzman's
house in Independence, MO.  A nicer man you could not imagine!

Ron *is* correct about C. borealis be found farther south.  I still think
the pictured specimen is is muticum (it would not necessarily be sitting on
the foodplant), but I can't be 100% certain.

James K. Adams
Phone: (706)272-4427
FAX:  (706)272-2235
Visit the Georgia Lepidoptera Website:
    www.daltonstate.edu/galeps/
Also check out the Southern Lepidopterists' Society new Website:
    www.southernlepsoc.org/