Monarch Extinction press releases.

Paul Cherubini monarch at saber.net
Thu Nov 13 03:11:27 EST 2003

Patrick Foley wrote:

> How hard is it to see that the quotes you give below are honest
> (although possibly mistaken) evaluations? None of these scientists said
> (in these quotes) that Monarchs are going extinct.

Ok Pat, maybe it's time for a third party arbitrator. Here is what someone,
who I don't know, wrote to me privately about all this:

"They seem to gang up on you at the drop of a hat, don't they?  I'm keeping
my peanut gallery comments on the sidelines, but it seems the argument is
in how the press releases are actually interpreted by people, not splitting
hairs about what is said word by word.  Check out yesterday's posting on
swleps by Wanda Dameron.  The majority of readers out there, it seems to
me, would interpret the article as suggesting extinction is around the
corner for the monarch, and the implication, although never stated
outright,  that the "warming" is "global warming" is "man-made."

Paul Cherubini