Monarch Extinction press releases.

Stanley A. Gorodenski stan_gorodenski at asualumni.org
Thu Nov 13 13:19:04 EST 2003

Paul Cherubini wrote:

>"They seem to gang up on you at the drop of a hat, don't they?

Paul, this statement in itself is misleading and wrong. Here are the
facts (assuming I haven't missed anyone):
1. You made the initial post.
2. The first responses to your post came from Mark Walker, Alex
Grkovich, and James Taylor. All these were in agreement with what you said.
3. The next post was mine that was in disagreement with you.
4. Mexico Doug posted in disagreement with you.
5. Wanda Demeron made a post but she did not make any statements, for or
against. She merely posted an article for information.
6. Charles Bordelon posted but it seems he was not making a statement
one way or the other

Thus, there were three definitely in  favor of what you said. There were
only two, myself and Mexico Doug who questioned what you said. That
makes it 3 to 2 of those supporting your post vs. those critical of what
you said. If you want to put Wanda on the critical side, then you
probably should put Charles on the support side. This makes it 4 to 3.
Therefore, the supporters outnumber the criticals and so how can someone
say the criticals are ganging up, especially when the first three posts
came from the supporter? If you want to exclude Charles, then you should
also exclude Wanda but even if you don't exclude Wanda it then is 3 to
3, an even tie. If you include yourself (Paul), the supporter side
outnumbers the critical side, no matter how you rearrange the numbers.
I'm not including Patrick because his post is a recent one that is part
of this recent thread and obviously appeared after the anonymous message
you are quoting. I am also excluding Chip's message because it is also
very recent and after the anonymous observation, and its only purpose
was to offer the pdf of the Oberhauser's et al  paper.

I find it interesting that I am viewed as one of the 'gang up' gang
because I already said I have no position on the danger to the Monarch.
Stan