FW: Silver-banded Hairstreak x Clytie Ministreak

Mike Quinn ento at satx.rr.com
Sat Nov 15 00:56:27 EST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: TNMF at aol.com [mailto:TNMF at aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 6:22 PM
To: ento at satx.rr.com; naturalist at dewittec.net
Subject: Silver-banded Hairstreak x Clytie Ministreak

On November 10 03 Ramsey Park Harlingen TX Cameron County [South Texas]

Derek Muschalek asked me to take pictures of this mated pair.  The pair were
noted to fly in coupled position.  They remained about an hour on Aloysia
gratissima White-brush.

Silver-banded Hairstreak Chlorostrymon simaethis female
Clytie Ministreak Ministrymon clytie male

I reviewed these with Mike Overton who thought the sharper forewing apex of
the Clytie might suggest it was the male.

I did not personally witness them flying so can not comment on the lead
individual.

Terry Fuller
San Benito TX USA
TNMF at aol.com