Monarch Extinction (substantial evidence?)

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Mon Nov 17 15:36:37 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "patrick foley" <patfoley at csus.edu>
Subject: Re: Monarch Extinction (substantial evidence?)

> Ron,
>
> You seem to Be backing away from the Monarch winter site quality
> degradation argument just when some scientific papers are coming under
> discussion.
>
> That is certainly your choice, and the fact that is one person's choice,
> no matter how wise, is one reason I am unenthusiastic about heavily
> moderated mailing lists.
>
> You see I have, like Paul, some authority issues.
>
> Patrick

It's a tough call.  The easy solution is for folks to just use the delete
button and not open the can.  But the reality is that we humans are more
curious than cats and twice a feisty.

Its a beautiful day here in Charleston , SC.  Not quite 80 sunny and , for
us, low humidity.   Makes me remember when I was stationed in San Diego
back in 1967-68; a region that is always "perfect".  The typical suspects
are still about in the yard.  Cloudless Sulphurs (P. s. eubule), Gulf Frits
(A. v. nigrior), and now the White Checkered Skipper (P. albescens) that
has displaced communis (Common) in these parts the last few years.  The
only odd thing in the bug garden is that one of my Butterfly weed (A.
tuberosa) has come back up and is going to bloom again.  It was totally dry
and all stems dead.  Totally new growth.

Cheers
Ron