Tagged monarch recovered in St. Pete., FL

Dale McClung adverweb at adver-net.com
Tue Dec 7 20:15:30 EST 2004

After years of observing, I finally found that a tagged Monarch
butterfly had reached my backyard. The butterfly arrived the first
week of November. I netted a few gravid females to restart my
breeding stock at that time. The fall migrants are generally very
healthy butterflies and I abandon my summer stock for fresh genetics.
I found the butterfly expired as I was cleaning the aviary later. To
my amazement, there was this tag.

The tag is not a MW product. It is folded over the wing rib and square.

It reads:

Mail to
LPB
Box BF
24595 VA
USA
145585

Is anyone familiar with this program? I would like to send the tag
in, but I am unsure the address as written on the tag is sufficient
for mail delivery. If it is OK, I will send the tag in.

Dale McClung