Chem's in relaxer + Arizona Monarchs

Paul Cherubini monarch at saber.net
Thu Feb 5 05:00:14 EST 2004

Ian Watkinson, Yuma, Arizona wrote:

> p.s. The Monarch migration here has been tremendous this year.  They are
> returning in a SE direction from the overwintering sites in California.  I still
> have probably 100 per day outside my office and it has been that way since
> January 1, 2004.  Thousands of painted ladies that entire time, without a break.

Do you mean you have been seeing 100 monarchs per day outside your
office in Yuma since Jan. 1?

Or 100 Painted Ladies per day since Jan. 1?

The monarchs have not left the coastal overwintering sites in California yet, but
some will begin dispersing inland around the 3rd week of Feb.

Paul Cherubini
El Dorado, Calif.