Mismaloya Hotel

Hank Brodkin hbrodkin at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 8 07:09:47 EST 2004

On our recent trip to western Mexico we checked out the newly refurbished
Casa Iguana in Mismaloya across the highway and a short way up a quiet
street from the now very expensive and ugly megaresort.
The place looks quite nice.  It features two and three bedroom suites with
kitchenettes starting at about 600 Pesos.  There is a "mini supermarket",
and they advertise an internet cafe.  We ate a couple of times in the
outdoor restaurant there.  The food was great.  There is a meeting room
available.  The manager knows about butterfly watchers/photographers and
said if a group comes in they would give a special rate.  There is also a
special $99.00 US rate per person, double occupancy with all meals, tips,
taxes etc. - three night minimum.  The suites are air conditioned and there
is a pool.
The butterflies are right there, just across the street along the stream and
over a footbridge to the horse trail on the other side.  Articles on the
area can be found in AMERICAN BUTTERFLIES by Andrew Warren in the Winter
1997 issue and by Wanda Dameron in the Fall 2002 issue.

Hank Brodkin
Carr Canyon, Cochise County, AZ
hbrodkin at earthlink.net
"Butterflies of Arizona - a Photographic Guide"
by Bob Stewart, Priscilla Brodkin and Hank Brodkin
http://home.earthlink.net/~hbrodkin/index.html
SouthEast Arizona Butterfly Association (SEABA)
http://www.naba.org/chapters/nabasa/home.html