Black Witch

Gary Anweiler gganweiler at sprint.ca
Fri Jun 18 03:35:07 EDT 2004

They do occassionaly make it all the way up here to Canada

The most bizarre from a personal standpoint was the only one I have
encountered.  I was baiting trees in a small park in southern Alberta
(Willow Creek Provincial Park - west of Claresholm) on a windy night -
late - getting a bit spaced out.  I was carrying on this conversation with
myself, which happens late at night when I  have been up too long - and had
just finished saying wouldn't it be something if something like ........a
Black Witch showed up at my bait.  Two trees later - there she was.  So big
that my jar was too small, and she flushed.  I went back to the van for the
gallon jar I had there, wondering if I had been hallucinating.  When I came
back, she was back at the bait.  I caught her, took her back to the van,
woke my wife up to show her this monster moth, took a picture - and turned
her loose.  I figured she made it this far - maybe she would make it all the
way to Ken Philip in Alaska.

Gary Anweiler, Edmonton, Alberta Canada