[leps-talk] the real J. V. Calhoun

Dr. James Adams jadams at em.daltonstate.edu
Thu Oct 14 16:38:11 EDT 2004

Ron Gatrelle responded to John's message:

"Ron,

I am quite certain that we will all survive this "Erynnis crisis." Thanks
for your record. Duly noted. Life goes on. Thanks for your interest.

John Calhoun
************

Well, I tried. The above is the type of nice stuff John puts out in
public. The following was his personal message to me in responce to my
attempt to admit I could have done better. . . "

JUST STOP!!!  Ron, I don't *care* what John wrote to you
*personally*.  That's why he wrote it *personally*.  The *thing* that I see
that instigated this whole thing is your original *impudent*, yes I said
*impudent*, message about John's article that claimed he ignored your
records.

Your original message *was* sarcastic and rude, whether you'll admit it or
not.  As *several* people pointed out, the tone was clearly not "just
pragmatic teaching on your part".  You are an emotional, passionate being
and I appreciate that.  But this causes you to respond PUBLICLY, and
therefore inappropriately, with much more vigor than is necessary.

You clearly have an ongoing feud with John, and that's *YOUR* business; it
doesn't belong on *ANY* list serve, even your own.  I judge most everyone
based on *my* interactions with them, not what others think of them, so
your posting of John's personal message to you is simply annoying.

Keep this *CRAP* off the public listserves, please!!!

James

James K. Adams
jadams at em.daltonstate.edu
Phone: (706)272-4427
FAX:  (706)272-2235
Visit the Georgia Lepidoptera Website:
    http://www.daltonstate.edu/galeps/
Also check out the Southern Lepidopterists' Society Website:
    http://www.southernlepsoc.org/