The Monarchs have recovered from last winter's big freeze in Mexico

Paul Cherubini monarch at saber.net
Thu Sep 2 01:36:47 EDT 2004

Robert Dana from Minneapolis, MN wrote:

> From what I have seen myself, and from what I have been
> hearing from others around this region, monarch production
> was exceptionally low this summer.

Yes monarch production was initially low and delayed by the cool
summer weather in the upper Midwest, but right now it's rather
routine to see milkweed patches in southern Minnesota
and in Iowa that are loaded with full grown monarch larvae like this:
http://www.saber.net/~monarch/larvae.JPG (near Armstrong,
Iowa)

Paul Cherubini