SPLATOMETER

Mike Leski peterlep28 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 17:47:57 EDT 2004

Yes, a good point.  Who hasn't watched a butterfly fly into the path of an oncoming vehicle, only to bounce away the moment before impact.  This seems to be a determining factor in the quality of the specimen-road kill-that one may obtain from the event.  The first lep I collected in my second life was a suicidal A. celtis that I watched fly into my right front quarter panel while driving down the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Now a spread specimen in my Virginia drawer.

Mike