Monarchs and Monoculture in southern Michigan

Bill Cornelius billcor at mcn.org
Sat Aug 20 23:40:42 EDT 2005

Sometimes parasite populations take a while to thin out non local leps,
like parasites that were feeeding on corn ear worms, now have to
scrabble to find other hosts. What's the crop history of Pauls sites?

By non local, I mean butterflies that can move over a wide range easily,
like monarchs & painted ladies. as opposed to corn ear worms & C.
eurytheme. (I know C eurytheme moves easily, but they usually don't so
long as there's alfalfa around)

Bill