Effect of Endosulphan insecticide on Lepidoptera

Michael Gochfeld gochfeld at eohsi.rutgers.edu
Wed Dec 21 14:46:37 EST 2005

Endosulfan effects on non-target species has been studied in Africa
where it is used from aircraft in Tsetse fly control.   Kills include
birds, mammals, amphibians, as well as a wide variety of insects.  I
didn't find separate data on lepidoptera, but since endosulfan is
effective against lepidopteran pests, it will not preserve non-pest
leps.   New management techniques for genetically modified cotton
requires leaving an unsprayed refuge to decrease the inevitable
evolution of pesticide resistance.  The refuge can also protect
desirable species.  .

There is some information at this web site.   Michael GOCHFELD