Effect of Endosulphan insecticide on Lepidoptera

Kishen.Das at gxs.com Kishen.Das at gxs.com
Thu Dec 22 00:54:20 EST 2005

I don't think this is the case of predation.I have seen predation by rodents in western Ghats and Plains ( In India) of these migratory species. Typically you will see lot of wings on the ground as mentioned in krushnamegh's mail. Even Spiders ( Tetragnathidae ) and Dragonflies ( Aeshnidae )  predate on these butterflies but the density of wings on ground will be very less as compared to that of Rodent predation. Anyway will try to get those dead specimens analysed in the lab at the earliest.

Thanks to Ed and Paul for the references and to krushnamegh for throwing more light on this issue.

Kishen