Frits & Blues from Wyoming

Randy Emmitt birdcr at concentric.net
Thu Jul 28 15:45:17 EDT 2005

Folks,

On July 14th 2005 I camped along the North Platte River Wilderness. In the
morning as it was warming up I walked up the trail into the wilderness. I
walked several miles through a wooded stream side and into a meadow that
was fairly productive. I took  5 photos at various points of fritillaries
along my adventure. All were very active by chasing each other and what I'd
call medium sized. See photos 6-10 at
http://public.fotki.com/rlephoto/butterflies/colorado_fritillaries/

Also I added 3 photos of blues to
http://public.fotki.com/rlephoto/butterflies/colorado_blues/  Photos 14 and
15 I believe are the same individual, it was found in the North Platte
Wilderness as mentioned above. They look to be this Colorado species
of  Plebejus lupinus to me.

Photo 16 was found at a very cool site right off the highway called
Vedauwoo in Laramie Co.,  Wyoming, which has all these cool boulders in
piles on the ridgetops.

Any help on the IDs would be greatly appreciated as usual.

Cheers,

Randy Emmitt
Durham, NC
www.rlephoto.com