More Colorado Frits, blues and skippers

Randy Emmitt birdcr at concentric.net
Sat Jul 30 16:02:49 EDT 2005

Folks,

I've been working on my fritillaries, I'm humbled by the difficultly in
these western Fritillaries. The ones today are from Boulder County,
Colorado see  photos 11-25 at
http://public.fotki.com/rlephoto/butterflies/colorado_fritillaries/

Also I found this skipper nectaring in a wild rose, yes a wild rose on the
Cal-woods Count, if correct it's a new species for the count. My thoughts
are Green Skipper (Hesperia viridis) see photo 3 at
http://public.fotki.com/rlephoto/butterflies/colorado_skippers/ Also there
are two other skippers on that page I'm not sure on the IDs?

One more item and strange blue with very reduced forewing markings and very
heavy hindwing markings. No clue on this one, I never got to see the dorsal
on it. Anyway bend you mind on this photo at
http://public.fotki.com/rlephoto/butterflies/colorado_blues/3809_blue_ws.html

Thanks again for any help you might have on these! Wish I was out there in
AZ, but I'm stuck here on a raining day in Durham, NC.

Cheers,

Randy Emmitt
www.rlephoto.com