[LEPS-L] Re: Info needed

Roger C. KENDRICK hkmoths at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 23 21:55:10 EDT 2006

Hi Chip,

  Whilst I don't have the publication in question, the genus is listed on  LepIndex at  http://internt.nhm.ac.uk/jdsml/perth/lepindex/detail.dsml?UserID=&UserName=&index=&recLimit=30&TaxonNo=194417.0&SCIENTIFIC_NAME_on_card=LOGANIA&SCINAMEval=Logania
    with the Logania index card showing the pagination for the Distant  reference. This provides at least a little step closer to your goal!

    Hope this helps,

    cheers,

    Roger.

Chip Taylor <chip at ku.edu> wrote:  I recently received the following request for assistance concerning a
reference from a colleague

"I am editing a manuscript for the Handbook of Paleoichthyology, and
the author on the volume of thelodonts cannot find the reference of a
paper, where the name Logania [given to a thelodont by Gross 1967C
praeocc. Distant 1884 Lepidoptera (Whitley 1976)] was given to a
butterfly. All what I have on reference is the following:

Distant, W. L. (1884). Rhopal. Malay.

We don't have this work of Distant in the KU library, even though
other publications of Distant are present. I couldn't find any
citation of this publication in the other publications of Distant.
(Whitley 1976 is published without any references)."

Does anyone have access to the publication by Distant in question?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chip

--
Monarch Watch
monarch at ku.edu
http://www.MonarchWatch.org/
Dplex-L:  send message "info Dplex-L" to Listproc at ku.edu
1-888-TAGGING (toll-free!) -or- 1-785-864 4441
1-785-864 5321 fax
University of Kansas, Entomology Program, 1200 Sunnyside Avenue,
Lawrence, KS 66045-7534
Create, Conserve and Protect Monarch Habitats

Roger C. KENDRICK  Ph.D.
Senior Conservation Officer, Fauna Conservation,
Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden, Hong Kong
http://www.kfbg.org/

Hong Kong Moths  - http://asia.geocities.com/hkmoths/

C & R Wildlife (sole proprietor), Tai Po, Hong Kong
hkmoths at yahoo.co.uk