Corporate denial on climate change

Michael E. Soukup mikayak3 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 20 06:48:15 EDT 2006

Sorry Roger,

  I don't share your view on this.
  "Climate Change" on earth has been going on for 6 billion years - of
which man has been present for a only a tiny, tiny fraction.  I have no
doubt that "climate change" is going on presently (notice how they no
longer call it "global warming" - this is due to the fact that calling
it "global warming" *could*  make one look like a fool in a few years -
if there is a cooling trend.  Calling it "climate change" - well, you
*can't *go wrong with that!!  I mean, if it gets warmer, colder, wetter,
drier, calmer, stormier - it doesn't matter - you can blame ALL of it on
"climate change" - it covers all of the bases.  It's disingenuous - but
it's covers one's butt.  I even told my wife 10 years ago, when "global
warming" was all rage that soon they would change that name to "Global
climate change" - because global warming "could be wrong".  And, since
the experts *truly* had and have no clue as to whether the earth is
getting warmer or cooler (it's getting warmer in some places, cooler in
others), they would have to change the name of their mission to "global
climate change" in order to not look silly.

  So, yes, I believe "climate change" is going on.  No, I don't believe
man has anything but a minimal impact on it.  Nor do I believe we can do
anything about it.

Here is a chart from wikipedia showing temperatures over the past
400,000 years from the Vostok Ice cores.  You will note that the graph
is *never* a flat line.  We live on a dynamic earth.  We can't change
that - nor should we actually try until we understand *everything* about
the entire universal system - ie. we are Gods.  And, that isn't
happening any time soon.  All we can do is adapt.

In addition, there is much more earth that is not inhabitable because it
is too cold than because it is too warm.  A few degrees temperature
increase would be good for most places on earth.  Sure they would
change.  Some animals and plants might go extinct.  Others may come into
being.  We have no idea.  We can only guess.

So, why should Exxon spend billions and trillions of dollars - all of
which, in the end, comes out of the pockets of the poorest peoples - and
is immediately funnelled into the hands of people who want to control
everything that goes on on the planet - on a "percieved problem" - that
we probably can't do anything about??

I will leave with one more small picture - one of my favorites.  It
shows the relative size of the planets and the sun.  After viewing it,
which do you think would be the simplest (ie. occams razor) explanation
for climate change....man-made activities - or that *huge* golden orbl 4
light minutes away.....

Just my 2 cents.....

--
Mike Soukup