Hemeroblemma opigena Status In Florida

Vincent Lucas vplucas at comcast.net
Fri Dec 21 16:24:39 EST 2007

Have a look at this Noctuid I photographed the other day as it rested
on my front door. It has been identified for me as a female
Heteroblemma opigena (Drury 1773), MONA 8645. Concur?  I live in
Naples, Florida. I am trying to find out the status of this insect in
Florida as well as other areas of the US. However, when I go here:

http://www.butterfliesandmoths.org/species?l=4919

I basically get nowhere. Can anyone shed any light on the
distribution of Heteroblemma opigena in Florida, which seems to be
the northern range of this moth? Are there records outside of Florida?

Here's the photo of the moth:

http://caloosabirdclub.org/VPL/Hemeroblemma_opigena.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Vince