LepSoc *Membership Committee* includes TK.....

Felix Sperling felix.sperling at ualberta.ca
Sat Jul 28 23:13:59 EDT 2007

Mike,

In your zeal to extend TK's punishment, and to damn anyone who believes
it is possible for a person to change his behavior, you have done
something that is also highly inappropriate. You must know that the
file letter you broadcast over Leps-l was intended only as a draft for
discussion at the Lep Soc executive meeting.

We did discuss and approve of Gary's proposal to reach out to other lep
groups, with the proviso that the letter be revised somewhat. However,
Gary has been away doing field work and committee work (endangered
species rankings for Canadian government, which you presumably would
consider worth putting time into) and remains unable to respond to your
emails or postings.

I certainly hope that your continued focus on TK's behavior of 15 years
ago has not led you to believe that the end justifies the means (i.e.
it is okay for you to unethically broadcast draft files like this).
That would be too rich in irony.

Felix