correct spelling of novaroensis navaroensis

Gary Anweiler gganweiler at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 20 02:54:07 EDT 2009

I note in the marvellous new Moths of Western North America that Synanthedon novaroensis is mis-spelled as navaroensis....................but then I got to thinking that just because MONA and followers spell it novaroensis does not mean that is correct............... why not Powell and Opler correct MONA wrong?

Sooooo.....can anyone tell me which is the correct spelling of the name of this very pretty if unmoth-like moth, that is common in my backyard as we speak. My money is on the old guys.

Gary Anweiler