Moth Collecting May Soon Be Frowned Upon

Royce J Bitzer mariposa at iastate.edu
Fri Sep 11 16:42:21 EDT 2009

Paul,

I've had the privilege of reading your missives for years now, and
your theme is so often the same.  You frequently criticize biologists
and ecologists for purportedly driving outsized cars, living in
oversized houses, and trampling the world with their huge carbon
footprints, and therefore being pretentious and hypocritical.

But one thing I've _never_ heard from you in all this time is whether
you yourself actually practice what you preach.  What kind of car(s)
do _you_ drive?  How big is _your_ house?  What do you have in your
stock portfolio?  What is the environmental impact of your own lifestyle?

It's time to put your own cards on the table and show us what you're
all about.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been curious about this.

Cheers,

Royce Bitzer