Bigotry again!

Neil Jones neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 22 08:00:51 EST 2011

On 19/02/2011 20:07, Grkovich, Alex wrote:
> Good for you, Mike (Quinn)...Trash me when you quite obviously have no idea what you're (or I am) talking about...especially to someone of the "class" of Neil Jones...
>
> Alex
>
> __
On the contrary being a smart guy he has got it all worked out! He knows
bigotry when he sees it.

Firstly I must publicly apologise To Mike Quinn He never intended for
his comments to be public. They were sent to me privately and I mistook
them for a public posting to leps-l and replied there.  I should not
have done so It is not my policy to do so. Perhaps following an
automated upgrade which has changed many things, there has been a
difference to the way in which my email program deals with Leps-l. I
shall be more careful in future to check things.

However, this is typical of the private comments I get. I get a lot of
fun out of Alex Grkovich. He is very foolish in what he posts so making
him look a fool is like taking candy from a baby.  I am still repeating
and getting a laugh at my reply to one of his messages some years ago
when I said

"If you are going to insult people in Serbo-Croat I'd suggest you learn
to spell in it first".

I am aware that we are going off topic but I also believe that if we are
to properly defend and promote the study  of lepidoptera than we should
speak out to show we are not all as bigoted as Alex Grkovich. Also it
has been pointed out that my joke about sending slavs home which was
intended as an anti-racist remark, pointing out that Alex Grkovich like
everyone could be the victim  of the bigotry he was advocating,  could
have been misinterpreted

He has a history of posting rather filthy  bigotry against various
minority groups here and this is not the first time he has been taken to
task over it.
Recently he wrote a rant against various races which included something
like the following.

"Germans are already at negative growth, while the Jewish and other such
populations within Germany have been exploding..."

Actually I am misrepresenting it slightly for effect. He said "Turkish"
not "Jewish." I made the change to emphasise the racism in his remarks
and show the danger represented by him and his fellow supporters of the
Mad Hatter's Tea Party.

Now perhaps Alex Grkovich  will wise up and calm down!

Neil Jones
Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk