[Leps-l] ~30 min radio interview of co-author of latest Peterson moth guide...

Mike Quinn entomike at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 15:38:17 EDT 2012

FYI,

Programs: SEABROOKE LECKIE: MOTHS OF THE NORTHEAST
Host: Mark Lynch
Date: Wednesday, July 4, 2012 - 11:30am

Moths are typically neglected by people interested in natural history
even though there are many hundreds of colorful and interesting
species that live in our area. Yet we hardly know they are all around
us. If you were to ask the average person about moths, they would
probably get concerned about their sweaters. One reason that moths are
so poorly known is that they are nocturnal and hard to see unlike
their close relative the butterflies. But another reason is that until
now there has never been a popular, easy to use field guide to their
identification. Our guest tonight is SEABROOKE LECKIE, biologist and
writer. Together with David Beadle, she has co-authored the new
PETERSON GUIDE TO MOTHS OF NORTHEASTERN NORTH AMERICA. Tune in tonight
and learn about this fascinating group of insects, why we know so
little about them even today and how to see more these mysterious
night flying creatures in your own backyard.

http://www.wicn.org/podcasts/audio/seabrooke-leckie-moths-northeast

Mike Quinn, Austin