[Leps-l] [leps-talk] Monarch Armageddon

Paul Cherubini monarch at saber.net
Sat Feb 16 00:17:19 EST 2013

On Feb 15, 2013, at 8:55 PM, Roger Kuhlman wrote:

> Paul, I just think it is nonsense to say that Modern
> high-technology agricultural practices in America
> have not negatively impacted Monarchs and other
> native butterfly species.

Did I actually say that?  No, I wrote: "despite the widespread
adoption of Roundup Ready corn and soybean plants by
Midwestern farmers and the resulting reduction in the
abundance of milkweed on farmland, there are still billions
of milkweed plants growing along the edges of those same
farm fields and will be for the forseeable future. So to
this day monarchs can still be routinely seen laying eggs
on those crop margin and farm roadside milkweed plants
like this": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MqrvAxTl0I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKmDId55pfc

Paul Cherubini
El Dorado, Calif.