[Leps-l] [leps-talk] Monarch Armageddon

Jim Wiker papaipema at aol.com
Sat Feb 16 22:35:05 EST 2013

Doug,
Same thing A. arogos, H. ottoe, H. metea and H. leonardus here in Illinois. Most where common to abundant (where they occurred) into the mid 1990's. At that point they began a rather rapid decline and now haven't been seen for a number of years. Ottoe in particular, well into the 90's could be found by the hundreds in several sites, I saw the last one in Illinois with Bob Pyle in 2008. It, nor the others have been seen since.
Jim Wiker
Greenview, IL