[Leps-l] donated collection

Colin cwraight at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 26 12:29:00 EDT 2013

I would be most grateful if you would post the following inquiry to your
list serve membership:

I am writing a memoir of my former post-doc advisor, Roderick K.
Clayton, a professor at Cornell University, who was an ardent and highly
accomplished, amateur lepidopterist. Over the years he built up an
exceptional collection of butterflies, which I believe was donated to a
university in the last few years. Unfortunately I do not know which, and
I am trying to track this down, just for my own writing.

Also, and perhaps more noteworthy, in his later years, he also wrote a
substantial monograph with micrographs, based on his own research, on
the skipper family, in which he described the genitalia of up to 600
species, as a sound way of identifying the species, which are often so
similar in outward appearance. Again, I don't know where this ended up,
but perhaps in the same place as the butterfly collection.

If any of this rings a bell with anyone, I would be most grateful if you
would let me know.

Contact information:

Colin A. Wraight
Professor of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Plant Biology

Department of Biochemistry, and
Center for Biophysics & Computational Biology
University of Illinois

e-mail: cwraight at illinois.edu
tel:    217 333-3245
cell:   217 377-5026
fax:   217 244-6615

Thank you very much,

Sincerely

Colin Wraight

Colin A. Wraight
Professor of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Plant Biology

Department of Biochemistry, and
Center for Biophysics & Computational Biology
University of Illinois

tel:  217 333 3245
fax: 217 244-6615

"Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light"
                      - Groucho Marx