Student Life Notes: Week of 5-1-2016

McDougal GSL mcdougalgsl at gmail.com
Sun May 1 14:16:49 EDT 2016

You've received this email because you signed up for the McDougal
Student Life mailing list. If you no longer wish to receive these
emails, you may unsubscribe here
<http://mailman.yale.edu/mailman/listinfo/mcdougal_life_notes> (follow
the link and scroll to the bottom).

    *McDougal - Graduate Student Life Events and News:
    (Full Calendar
    <http://calendar.yale.edu/cal/gsas/week/20160501/StudentLife/>)*

  * Spring Chill Out! <#p1>
  * Welcome to Global Yale Alumni Life - Networking Reception & Info for
    all GSAS Students <#p2>
  * Grad Hip Hop Workshop <#p3>
  * Grease: First Friday at Five (BYOMug, 21+) <#p4>
  * Faith in Action: Volunteer at "Paint the Town Green" <#p5>
  * Planting Flowers at the Ronald McDonald House <#p6>
  * Spring has Sprung: Planting and Birdfeeders for Grad and G&P
    Families with kids <#p7>

    *Fellows' Tips of the Week <#tips>*

    *Announcements and Upcoming Events around Campus*

  * Free Zumba Class at Sterling Memorial Library <#a1>
  * De-Stress with Dogs! <#a2>
  * Schwarzman Scholars info session with Stephen Schwarzman '69 <#a3>
  * Recharge During Reading Week - Free Donuts at Bass Library <#a4>
  * Recharge During Reading Week - Visit with a Therapy Dog <#a5>
  * The Citations Concert! <#a6>
  * Colloquium on Social Media: A Conversation with Ragy Thomas, Founder
    & CEO, Sprinklr <#a7>
  * Science in the News Presents - Trust Your Gut: How Helpful Bacteria
    Impact Health <#a8>
  * Sell, Recycle or Freecycle - Don't just dump your unwanted stuff on
    the street (it's illegal!) <#a9>

*General Hours
*

*McDougal Center*
Mon-Thurs: 9:00am-10:00pm
Fri: 9:00am-8:00pm
Sat and Sun: 12:00pm-6:00pm

*The Blue Dog Café*
Mon-Thurs: 8:30am-5:00pm
Fri: 8:30am-4:00pm
Closed Sat and Sun

Like us on Facebook <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_mcdougalgradlife&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=6Q4Mk890fWq_nC9drLcpGfjBvTKxAlEYjUin8op0bgY&e= > Follow us
on Twitter <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_McDougalGSL&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=-vVAV0OlenSbi9AYxt3EBxSaK8UgrvHMk-Xwc2whOAw&e= > Check out our Instagram
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__instagram.com_mcdougalgsl&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=CEr7Rm50FLt-xGRycOJJB8JZ5SZ4ATykrgSBI9T-WHk&e= > Check out our Pinterest
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__pinterest.com_mcdougalgsl&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=F0MMwVQl7-GjhWA7PeEtyhMq0o7nW-OKa-1RU4gmXjc&e= >

*All sign ups & ticket sales*

Sign up for any event planned by McDougal Graduate Student Life
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__mcdougalgsl.eventbrite.com&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=1U-zlcm2BsKA33xAutNf59-IZzaou5ioljzKOKL75mM&e= >

*Resources
*@ the McDougal Center

Resources at the McDougal Center
<http://gsas.yale.edu/life-yale/mcdougal-graduate-student-center>

*McDougal Student Life Events*

    *Spring Chill Out!*
    /Add to calendar »/ <http://gsas.yale.edu/event/spring-chill-out> /
    May 2 2016, 4:00pm-7:00pm/
    /HGS Courtyard, if rain the McDougal Common Room (320 York St.)/
    /More information here »/
    <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__drive.google.com_file_d_0BwqCfi43BwsrbklEenQ4VlVqTlE_view-3Fusp-3Dsharing&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=-fB9oBAYebaXlgDhNWnF7kDdCjqxA7GtBs3ascs0M3c&e= >

    It's that time of year again! Exams, papers, graduation, oh my! Take
    a break and enjoy the many wonderful activities on offer at this
    year's Spring Chill Out! We will be decorating planters for herbs,
    finger painting, making aromatherapy misters, chalking the
    sidewalks, knitting, and playing cornhole and other outdoor games.
    There will also be mini classes and demonstrations in fitness hula
    hooping, acupressure, Yoga, and Tai Chi. There will also be a
    delicious taco bar, so come on out!

    *Welcome to Global Yale Alumni Life - Networking Reception & Info
    for all GSAS Students*
    /Add to calendar »/
    <http://gsas.yale.edu/event/welcome-global-yale-alumni-life-info-session-gsas-graduate-school-students>
    /
    May 2 2016, 5:30pm-7:00pm/
    /HGS 211, then reception in downstairs in McDougal Center (320 York
    St.)/
    /Free but please register here »/
    <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mcdougalglobalalumni.eventbrite.com&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=Ed8EmIHrRPpyvP1rKklK663vxwJgdvm8Rh1ELWV_w_s&e= >
    Whether you are receiving a graduate degree this year,. already have
    one, or will graduate in a few years, you can join the Yale club of
    New York, New Haven or wherever your travels take you or home town
    may be. Come to an informal networking session with graduate alumni
    leaders and staff to learn about global alumni resources, networking
    and career services, and how you can join any of 160 Yale alumni
    clubs and interest groups around the world. Participate in alumni
    clubs and service now and after graduation, or when you are away
    from New Haven, visiting home or doing research. Brief session with
    networking reception with wine, cheese, appetizers and soft drinks.
    Hosted by McDougal GSL and OISS.

    *Grad Hip Hop Workshop*
    /Add to calendar »/ <http://gsas.yale.edu/event/grad-hip-hop-workshop> /
    May 3 2016, 7:00pm-8:00pm/
    /HGS 119, McDougal Center (320 York St.)/
    /Free but please register here »/
    De-stress with dance! Recharge your mind and body with a 1-hour hip
    hop workshop that welcomes complete beginners! The class is taught
    by Payne Whitney Gym’s hip hop instructor, Sakina Abdus Shakur.
    Absolutely no prior experience needed, but please register in
    advance to secure your spot! Just come let loose and have fun!

    *Grease: First Friday at Five (BYOMug, 21+)*
    /Add to calendar »/
    <http://gsas.yale.edu/event/first-friday-five-grease-byomug-21> /
    May 6 2016, 5:00pm-7:00pm/
    /HGS Courtyard (rain site indoors) (320 York St.)/
    Why, it’s gonna be Auto-matic. Its System-matic. Its
    Hyyyyydro-matic. Why, its Greased Lightning! Join the T-Birds and
    Pink Ladies for a Grease First Friday at Five carnival! We’ll have
    cotton candy, popcorn, a moonbounce, and all of your favorite
    carnival games! It’s gonna be peachy keen, jellybean! We’ll be
    rockin’ and rollin’ and whatnot on Friday, May 6th from 5-7pm in the
    HGS Courtyard. Grease is the word!

    *Faith in Action: Volunteer at "Paint the Town Green**"*/
    May 7 2016, 11:00am-2:00pm/
    /Neighborhood Housing Services (333 Sherman Ave.)/
    /Free but please register here »/
    <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__painttowngreen.eventbrite.com&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=-pEnqgzLQZLQZVgrFE8mE3c_WjZZf1ttkOYwDUGQwxU&e= >
    Come join the Religious & Spiritual Life fellows to volunteer at
    Neighborhood Housing Services of New Haven's 7th annual Family Fun
    Festival. We'll be helping NHS set up for their event and will then
    help with the activities too. There will be composting lessons,
    games, face painting, and much more at the festival that NHS needs
    help with. We'll also be getting lunch together at the food trucks
    that will be at festival once we're done volunteering. Meet us at
    NHS at 11:00am or at HGS at 10:30am to walk over together.

    *Planting Flowers at the Ronald McDonald House *
    /Add to calendar »/
    <http://gsas.yale.edu/event/planting-flowers-ronald-mcdonald-house> /
    May 7 2016, 2:00pm-4:00pm/
    /Ronald McDonald House (501 George St.)/
    /Free but please register here »/ <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__plantingRM.eventbrite.com&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=6QpUXfDzLZHRL7HLdjftA-YpbrirQIBVVqq-q_K0Cc0&e= >
    Now that spring is here, the Ronald McDonald House needs help
    beautifying its outdoor space. The House is a home-away-from-home
    for families of children who are being treated at nearby hospitals.
    We will prepare beds and plant flowers, and if time permits, clean
    the playgroup equipment. If there are families at the House while we
    are there, they may join us for the afternoon. Meet at the House at
    2 or at HGS Front Gate at 1:45 to walk together. Please wear
    comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting dirty! Children aged
    five and up are welcome with a caregiver.

    *Spring has Sprung: Planting and Birdfeeders for Grad and G&P
    Families with kids*
    /Add to calendar »/
    <http://gsas.yale.edu/event/spring-has-sprung-planting-birdfeeders-grad-gp-families-kids>
    /
    May 12 2016, 3:30pm-5:00pm/
    /HGS Courtyard (rain site indoors) (320 York St.)/
    /Free but please register here »/
    <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.eventbrite.com_e_spring-2Dhas-2Dsprung-2Dplanting-2Dand-2Dbird-2Dfeeders-2Dfor-2Dgrad-2Dand-2Dgp-2Dfamilies-2Dwith-2Dkids-2Dregistration-2D25091386011&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=WpmWUZfifmSCx5VHFvOB2DZzuYzCry9TcyFLR0kqA3Y&e= >

    Spring has sprung and May is the perfect time to start your garden!
    Bring your kiddos to the HGS courtyard on May 12th from 3:30-5:00pm
    to plant seedlings to take home and make pinecone birdfeeders.
    Information and tips about gardening will be provided. This event is
    designed for kids age 2 and up.

* * * * *

*Fellows' Tips of the Week*

    *Molly and Yong's Arts and Culture Tip of the Week*
    Looking for something to do after FFF this Friday?! Head on over to
    the Westville Artwalk for the Friday Street Party + Beer Garden!
    Free Art gallery strolling (with wine & nibbles) and Beer Garden
    Tickets are available here
    <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__events.r20.constantcontact.com_register_eventReg-3Foeidk-3Da07eckm9gnxd3734b35-26oseq-3D-26c-3D-26ch-3D&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=WWp7hpBmRNhT4LZI3Q4I4svDOc1ldVUbuafxr7kDPqE&e= >
    and are $15 presale and $20 at the door. But they may sell out, so
    get them now!

    *Heather and Katherine's Health and Wellness Tip of the Week*
    With finals just around the corner it is important to prioritize
    self-care and not just your academic well being. Yale and New Haven
    is home to many different meditation practices that can assist with
    reducing stress, improving concentration, and increasing your
    happiness during this stressful time! Check out this link
    <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__newhaven.shambhala.org_&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=KK5MvjvdeeFwv7sx1n9BlZ6HtqAZM0nPnifsus_wrbI&e= > to find out about one of the many
    places you can practice.

    *Meredith and Amanda's Public Service Tip of the Week*
    The New Haven Science Fair needs judges! The goal of the Science
    Fair program is to work with children PreK-12 to help them carry out
    investigative hands-on science fair projects, in order to promote
    skills in critical thinking, science process and communication.
    Judges evaluate the projects according to a set of guidelines,
    receive training and collaborate with fellow judges, and get the
    opportunity to speak one-on-one with students about their projects.
    Select your preference for the type and grade level of the projects
    you judge. Judging is a two-day commitment: Monday, May 16
    (4:30pm-8:00pm; first-time judges need to arrive at 4:00pm for an
    orientation) and Tuesday, May 17 (9:00am-1:00pm). Register to judge
    here
    <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__nhsciencefair.org_index.php-3Foption-3Dcom-5Fwrapper-26Itemid-3D57&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=EWzIZXeLUHwJuLqlmuwwHyLCJqHeh_Pi4nFJiPzZNd4&e= >.
    Questions? Contact melanie.s.bauer at gmail.com

    *Elizabeth and Yuan's Family Tip of the Week*
    Family Fun with Art: On the second Sunday of each month, Yale Art
    Gallery invite families for Stories and Art
    <http://artgallery.yale.edu/calendar/events/family-program-stories-and-art-46>.Tales
    of distant times and faraway lands inspire children of all ages to
    view art in new ways. Gallery teaching staff tell folktales, myths,
    and exciting stories from all over the world that highlight unique
    features of selected objects in the Gallery’s collection. Drawing
    materials are available for older children. No registration
    required; meet by the couches in the lobby at 1:00pm.

    *Elizabeth's Blue Dog Cafe Tip of the Week*
    Spring is finally here! And you know what that means - final papers,
    reports, and exams are just around the corner. Don't worry, the Blue
    Dog Cafe has your back! Come caffeinate with our drink of the month,
    an Iced Caramel Latte, perfect for warm days or warm study rooms.
    Or, grab a $1 coffee or tea when you bring your own mug! And sadly,
    the Blue Dog Cafe will be closing for the year on Thursday, May 5th,
    so come visit us before we're gone!

    *Jo McDougal's Mory's G&P Takeover Tip of the Week*
    Grad & Prof student Takeover at Mory's Club
    <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_events_463436950522300_&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=5VD5v7OLHfFin_hW7tLXhcljeYyVAw72IOXRsnlvNrM&e= > on Friday May 6
    from 9pm on, so come for the music and fun. It's a Yale tradition,
    and Mory's membership is NOT required! Bring govt photo ID and $$
    for your refreshments. 21+ only!

* * * * *

*Announcements and Upcoming Events around Campus*

    *Free Zumba Class at Sterling Memorial Library*
    /May 2 2016, 8:00pm-9:00pm/
    /Sterling Memorial Library Lecture Hall (120 High St.)/
    Recharge During Reading Week! Join us for a free one-hour Zumba
    class in the Lecture Hall in Sterling Memorial Library from 8PM-9PM.
    Open to all students, staff and faculty. No signups or previous
    experience is required. All inquiries can be directed to Laura Sider
    at Laura.Sider at yale.edu.

    *De-Stress with Dogs!* /
    May 3 2016, 1:00pm-3:00pm/
    /Beinecke Plaza (Wall St.)/
    Come cuddle, play and have fun with the well-trained Fidelco guide
    dogs in training!

    *Schwarzman Scholars info session with Stephen Schwarzman '69* /
    May 4 2016, 4:00pm-6:00pm/
    /GM Room, Horchow Hall (55 Hillhouse Ave.)/
    /Register to attend here »/
    <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_forms_d_1h-5F9OvWAEbIbEhcQWHN-5FCSfon0wiit0UWwBZ69npr9-5FM_viewform&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=IrhC2jHVD4GVQ3_7AXO16qy6fluTD1prq9N05edyJY4&e= >

    Hear from Stephen Schwarzman, founder of the Schwarzman Scholars
    Program & get details of the newly-opened application for the second
    class of Scholars, the new June deadline for students from mainland
    China, Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan, extended Q&A, and much more.
    The Schwarzman Scholars Program <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__schwarzmanscholars.org_&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=YXH01DUAXNoZrLNUCrmoPDp0Am-kFjU8feRTE6xtp-Q&e= >
    offers leadership development & a fully-funded one-year Master’s
    program at Tsinghua University in Beijing, with concentrations in
    International Relations, Public Policy, and Economics & Business.
    This event is open to all students-rising/graduating seniors,
    current graduate and professional students, and recent alumni from
    any country are eligible to apply this year; knowledge of Mandarin
    is an asset, but is not required.

    *Recharge During Reading Week - Free Donuts at Bass Library*
    /May 4 2016, 8:00pm-10:00pm/
    /Bass Library - Service Desk (110 Wall St.)/
    Recharge During Reading Week! Come de-stress and enjoy a free
    Orangeside donut at the Bass Library on Wednesday, May 4th at 8PM.
    Open to all students. Please contact Laura Sider at
    Laura.Sider at yale.edu with any questions.

    *Recharge During Reading Week - Visit with a Therapy Dog*
    /May 6 2016, 2:00pm-4:00pm/
    /Bass Library - Service Desk (110 Wall St.)/
    Recharge During Reading Week! Come de-stress with our therapy dog,
    Beau, a sweet bassador (Labrador and basset hound) in the Bass
    Library on May 6th from 2PM-4PM. Open to all students, staff and
    faculty. Please direct any inquiries to Laura Sider at
    Laura.Sider at yale.edu.

    *The Citations Concert!*
    /May 6 2016, 7:00pm-9:00pm/
    /Sudler Hall (2nd floor) (100 Wall St.)/
    /Get your tickets online now! »/
    <http://www.yale.edu/citations/tickets/index.html>
    Get ready for the graduate a cappella event of the year, the Yale
    Citations Spring Concert! Purchase concert tickets online for only
    $5, which include free entrance to our afterparty at GPSCY, with
    catered food and karaoke in the lounge! Email us at , check out our
    event on Facebook
    <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_events_1692145424385351_&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=R6pKfzC7jQGnbhgsvKwi8c7ei51uCRXXgywlhATnBS4&e= >, and check out
    our website <http://www.yale.edu/citations/index.html> to get your
    tickets now!

    *Colloquium on Social Media: A Conversation with Ragy Thomas,
    Founder & CEO, Sprinklr*
    /May 9 2016, 11:45am-12:45pm/
    /Yale SOM, Edward P. Evans Hall, Classroom 4430 (165 Whitney Ave.)/
    /Please register »/
    <http://som.yale.edu/event/2016/05/conversation-with-ragy-thomas-ceo-founder-sprinklr>

    You are invited to join us for the Yale SOM Colloquium on Social
    Media. Ragy Thomas is a technology visionary, entrepreneur, and
    investor who has played an instrumental role in the evolution of two
    business-critical channels for the enterprise: social media and
    email. Co-hosted by Yale SOM Design & Innovation Club. Lunch? - Yes!

    *Science in the News Presents - Trust Your Gut: How Helpful Bacteria
    Impact Health*
    /May 12 2016, 6:30pm-7:30pm/
    /New Haven Free Public Library (133 Elm St. )/
    Did you know that you are carrying about 2 pounds of living bacteria
    inside you right now!? That’s 10 times more bacteria cells than your
    own cells! That may sound creepy but symbiotic microbes are helpful
    to us in many aspects of health and wellness. Come listen to three
    Yale scientists present exciting new research about how gut bacteria
    help us digest our food and contribute to our mental health, and how
    they have changed over the eons. In this relatively new field there
    are still many unanswered questions, but one thing’s for sure - we
    can trust our gut to these “microbe managers!” With support from
    GPSS and McDougal.

    *Sell, Recycle or Freecycle - Don't just dump your unwanted stuff on
    the street (it's illegal!)* /
    Spring/
    Need to get rid of stuff from your place, or find some new
    furnishings? Try the new Boola Market <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__boolamarket.com&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=zZvZDbu3OWHENAHjR7eY3xU5TDxmMF9PY5pcICt7spY&e= > or
    Yale (Free and) For Sale on Facebook. Yale Sustainability encourages
    students to use Spring Salvage
    <http://sustainability.yale.edu/projects/spring-salvage> too. Or try
    Helping Hands <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.helpinghandsctfb.com_-2520&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=Z58ugrYsz5YKonfZe0KegCh25P-SWeUKxXHC3q4k5XE&e= > which picks up
    and resells items for local nonprofits. Don't dump and run. It's
    illegal to just dump furniture on New Haven sidewalks or median and
    leave, and the city will be cracking down on outdoor dumping.
    Schedule a Bulk Trash Pickup
    <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__cityofnewhaven.com_PublicWorks_trash_BulkTrash.asp&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=Bit-C3wARhe8zFi5Fqh7WqPfVkCOKbQ3dAsuCp009Akgt0bOjAWu5z7cHWo86Q2I&m=sY6oZN71GIN-d8UHqwsj0s7NOk-eeM73yTEV0J37Yxk&s=2qBXf5cqC5aITB5Zro_1no2clf5f9LCHFsdTLWAlcdQ&e= > with New
    Haven Public Works if needed.

* * * * *

Thanks,

The McDougal Graduate Student Life Fellows

Website <http://www.yale.edu/graduateschool/studentLife/index.html> |
Calendar <http://calendar.yale.edu/cal/gsas/month/today/StudentLife/> |
(203) 432-BLUE | mcdougal.center at yale.edu