[Mendele] The Mendele Review 12.017
victor.bers at yale.edu
Sun Sep 28 08:35:16 EDT 2008
The Mendele Review: Yiddish Literature and Language
(A Companion to MENDELE)
Contents of Vol. 12.017 [Sequential No. 208]
Date: 28 September 2008
*** ìùðä èåáä úëÌúáå! *** àÇ âåèÎéàÈø! ***
1) This issue of The Mendele Review
2) Letters to the Editor from Leonard Fox and Meyer Wolf.
3) "The Jerusalem Conference: A Century Of Yiddish 1908-2008"
4) "A mayse iber a mayse" from Dos vintshfingerl (Warsaw, 1866) by Mendele Moykher-Sforim,
bilingual edition edited by Shalom Luria, Haifa: Univ. of Haifa Press, 1994 [Yiddish text] .
5) Portrait of Mendele by H. Inger
6) Mendele's fictive title page of (4) above.
7) Title page of Ayzik-Meyer Dik's Judaized adaptation of Harriet Beecher Stowe's Uncle Tom's Cabin, Vilna: Rom, 1887.
8) Bibliographic Note on Dik's adaptation of Uncle Tom's Cabin.
9) "Der kremer": Lyrics, Score and Notes (ed., Eleanor Mlotek)
10) Sidor Belarsky, Leibele Jinich and Menakhem Bernstein each sing "Der kremer".
Click here to enter: http://yiddish.haifa.ac.il/tmr/tmr12/tmr12017.htm
Please do not use the "reply" key when writing to The Mendele Review. Instead, write directly to the Editor at lprager at research.haifa.ac.il.
More information about the Mendele