[NHCOLL-L:701] Drawer sizes

Leslie Skibinski lskibinski at delmnh.org
Fri Sep 1 13:53:53 EDT 2000

Hello everyone,

I have several questions for the list.  Does anyone else have drawers with
the dimensions 25 1/8 in. deep X 1 3/8 in. tall X 21 1/2 in. wide?  If you
do, are your drawers wood or metal?  If they are metal, who supplied them?

We are running out of drawers for our cabinets and need to get more.  At
this time we are using wooden drawers that are straight sided boxes.  They
do not have any flanges, or "wings".  Some of our cabinets were custom made
by LYON.  These have square metal supports.  Some of the cabinets were made
by ADELPHIA.  These all seem to have flat, heavy gauge metal supports.  Some
of our cabinets do not have any makers mark on them, but they are identical
to those made by Lyon and Adelphia.

One last question.  Please pass along the name, address and phone number of
any cabinetry company that you are satisfied with and that may make custom
orders.  Please reply off list to the address below. Thanks.

Leslie L. Skibinski                   lskibinski at delmnh.org
Assist. Collections Manager     fax:  (302) 658-2610
                                              phone:  (302) 658-9111 ext.
311
DE Museum of Natural History
Box 3937